Welcome to the Child and Family Development Lab!
The lab is led by Dr. Laura Marie Armstrong, Assistant Professor of Psychology at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. We conduct developmental and clinical research with young children and families. Our lab focuses on the following areas:
- Early childhood mental health
- Emotional development in early childhood
- Parent-child conversations about emotion
- Caregiving processes among low-income families
- Engaging low-income families in preventive intervention
Please contact her if you would like additional information about her lab, the Clinical Psychology track, or the Health Psychology PhD Program.