Ph.D., Applied Mathematics, University of Southern California (2000)
M.S., Aerospace Engineering, University of Southern California (1999)
M.A., Applied Mathematics, University of Southern California (1999)
A.B., Mathematics and Physics, Occidental College (1994)
Professor of Mathematics and Statistics, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA (Fall 2020 – Present)
Professor of Mathematical Sciences (2012 – Fall 2020) Associate Professor of Mathematical Sciences (2006 – 2012) Assistant Professor of Mathematical Sciences (2000 – 2006), Clemson University, South Carolina, USA
National and International Research Fellowships
Research Fellow, Statistical and Applied Mathematical Sciences Institute (Sp 2008, F 2010)
Summer Faculty Fellow, Brooks Air Force Laboratory (Su 2006, Su 2007)
Humboldt Research Fellow, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (2007)
Research Fellow, Institute for Mathematics and its Applications (F 2005)
Academic Leadership and Administrative Roles
Chair, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (F 2020 – Present)
Associate Director for Graduate Studies, School of Math and Stat Sciences, Clemson University (F 2017 – Su 2020)
Director of Global Engagement Initiatives, College of Science, Clemson University (Sp 2018 – Su 2020)
Director of Intl Initiatives and Global Engagement, College of Eng. & Science, Clemson University (2017)
Interim Chair, Department of Applied Mathematics and Sciences, Khalifa University (F 2011)
International Leadership and Administrative Roles
Chair, College of Science Faculty Committee on Global Engagement, Clemson Univesity (2017 – Fall 2020)
Chair, College of Engineering and Science Committee on Global Engagement, Clemson University (2015 – 2017)
Co-Chair, American Council on Education Internationalization Task Force, Clemson University (2013 – 2015)
Visiting Associate Professor, Khalifa University, Abu Dhabi, UAE (2011)
Faculty Coordinator, Graduate Exchange, the University of Bremen, Germany (2008 – Fall 2020).
- T. Talukdar, B. McCoy, S. Timmins, T. Khan, J. Ryckman, “Hyperchromatic structural color for perceptually enhanced sensing by the naked eye,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Volume 117, Issue 48, pp. 30107-30117 (2020).
- S. Ahmad, T. Strauss, S. Kupis*, and T. Khan, ‘’Comparison of Statistical Inversion with Iteratively Regularized Gauss Newton Method for Image Reconstruction in Electrical Impedance Tomography,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, Volume 358, pp 436-448 (2019).
- M. Rahman, M. Chowdhury, T. Khan, and P. Bhavasr, “Improving the Efficacy of Car-following Models with a New Stochastic Parameter Estimation and Calibration Method,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Volume PP, Issue 99, pp 1-13 (2015).
- T. Strauss* and T. Khan, “Statistical Inversion in Electrical Impedance Tomography Using Mixed Total Variation and Non-Convex lp Regularization Prior,” Journal of Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems, Volume 23, Issue 5, pp 529-542 (2015).
- E. Oware, S, Moysey, and T. Khan, “Physically based regularization of hydrogeophysical inverse problems for improved imaging of process‐driven systems,’’ Water Resources Research, Volume 39, Issue 10, pp 6238-6247 (2013).
- A. Pal, J. S. Thorp, T. Khan, and S. Young, “Classification Trees for Complex Synchrophasor Data,” Electric Power Components and Systems. Volume 41, Issue 14, pp 1381-1396 (2013).
- B. Jin, T. Khan, and P. Maass, “A reconstruction algorithm for electrical impedance tomography based on sparsity regularization,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Volume 89, Issue 3, pp 337-353 (2012).
*Student I have directly supervised