- Panel Chair and Moderator: Renaissance Society of America, “Early Modern Portraiture in
the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries,” Virtual Conference, November 2022.
- Panelist: Renaissance Society of America, “Anna Maria van Schurman’s Last Hours
of Johan Godshalk,” Virtual Conference, April 2021.
- Invited Speaker, Celebration of Rudy Bell’s Career, Rutgers University, February 21, 2020.
- Invited Speaker, Utrecht Centre for Early Modern Studies Annual Lecture, March 5-9, 2019,
- Invited Speaker, UNC Charlotte Graduate History Forum– March 2018, “Making the most of conflict: Protestant women’s religious opportunities, 1500-1700″
- Panel Co-organizer and Panelist: Renaissance Society America, New Orleans, March 2018. “The Role of Crisis and Suffering in Dutch Reformed Women’s Religious Activism”
- Invited Speaker: June 2017, Royal Institute of the Tropics, Amsterdam, Conference on the life, works, and influence of Maria Sibylla Merian (1647-1717)
Panel Organizer and Panelist: August 2016, Sixteenth Century Society Conference, Bruges, Belgium, “Women and Religion in the Early Modern Low Countries
- Conference Co-Organizer: April 2015, Considering Early Modern Women in the Low
Countries: An international conference, Antwerp, Belgium
- Invited Speaker: February 2015, Rutgers University, “Faith, Feminism, and Desire: A
symposium in honor of Phyllis Mack”
Panel Organizer and Panelist: January 2015, American Historical Association, New
York City, “Dissenting Daughters: Early Modern Women’s Political and Civic
- Panelist: October 2013, Sixteenth Century Society Conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico, “Rape in Seventeenth-Century Dutch Women’s Writings”
For the Journal of Social History (2015) (49:1):
• Review of Roberts, Benjamin. Sex and Drugs before Rock ‘n’ Roll: Youth Culture and Masculinity during Holland’s Golden Age. Amsterdam: University of Amsterdam Press, 2012.
For the Journal of Early Modern History (2013):
• Review of Muravyeva, Marianna, and Raisa Maria Toivo. Gender in Late Medieval and Early Modern Europe. New York: Routledge, 2012.
For the Journal of Urban History (April-May 2011):
• Review of Phillips, Derek. Well-Being in Amsterdam’s Golden Age. Amsterdam: Pallas Publications, 2008.
• Stein, Robert and Pollmann, Judith, eds. 2010. Networks, Regions, and Nations: Shaping Identities in the Low Countries, 1300-1650. Leiden and Boston: Brill, 2010.
Featured book review for History: Review of Books 39 (2011):
• Review of Arnade, Peter. Beggars, Iconoclasts, and Civic Patriots: The Political Culture of the Dutch Revolt. Ithaca and London: Cornell University Press, 2008.
• Ward, Kerry. Networks of Empire: Forced Migration in the Dutch East India Company. Cambridge and New York: Cambridge University Press, 2009.
For Sixteenth-Century Journal, (2009-2017):
• Review of Gow, Andrew Colin, Robert B. Desjardins, François V. Pageau, Johann Tinctor, and Anonymous of Arras. The Arras Witch Treatises: Johannes Tinctor’s Invectives Contre La Secte De Vauderie and the Recollectio Casus, Status Et Condicionis Valdensium Ydolatrarum by the Anonymous of Arras (1460). 2016.
• Review of Poot, Anton. Crucial Years in Anglo-Dutch Relations (1625-1642). Hilversum: Verloren, 2013.
• Review of Konrad Eisenbichler, The Sword and the Pen: Women, Politics, and Poetry in Sixteenth-Century Siena. Notre Dame, University of Notre Dame Press, 2012.
• Review of Judith Pollmann, Catholic Identity and the Revolt of the Netherlands 1520-1635. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2011.
• Review of Julie D. Campbell and Anne R. Larsen eds. Early Modern Women and Transnational Communities of Letters. Burlington: Ashgate, 2009.
• Review of Tessa Storey, Carnal Commerce in Counter-Reformation Rome. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2008.
• Review of Andrea Pearson, ed. Women and Portraits in Early Modern Europe: Gender, Agency, Identity. Ashgate, 2008.
For Renaissance Quarterly:
• Review of Manon van der Heijden, Women and Crime in Early Modern Holland. 2016.
Review of Ariadne Schmidt, Prosecuting Women: A Comparative Perspective on Crime and Gender Before the Dutch Criminal Courts, c. 1600–1810 by Ariande Schmidt. 2021.
For Early Modern Women’s Journal (2018):
Review of Burton, Jessie. The Miniaturist. London: Peebo & Pilgrim Ltd., 2014. Chevalier, Tracy. Girl with a Pearl Earring. London: HarperCollins, 2006. Mc Leod, Cynthia. The Free Negress Elisabeth. London: Arcadia, 2008.
Smith, Dominic. The Last Painting of Sara De Vos. New York: Sarah Crichton Books, 2016.
For Tijdschrift voor Genderstudies (2021):
Carme Font Paz en Nina Geerdink, Economic Imperatives for Women’s Writing in Early Modern Europe, Leiden: Brill, 2018.