Ms. Pierce joined the School of Nursing in January, 2020. Her teaching experience includes pre-licensure nursing programs, medical education programs, hospital and homecare staff development. She is a certified BLS, ACLS, and PALS instructor for the American Heart Association. She is also educated as a Faith Community Nurse, and has assisted several churches in organizing health and wellness ministries. She enjoys developing simulation scenarios and exploring new ways to incorporate experiential learning in nursing education and beyond.
• MSN – University of North Carolina at Charlotte (Community Health Nursing, School Health Focus)
• BSN – University of North Carolina at Charlotte • Diploma of Nursing – Presbyterian Hospital School of Nursing
• BA (Business Administration) – University of North Carolina at Charlotte Certification • Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator Community Involvement
• American Red Cross Disaster Health Services, RN Volunteer
• Society of Simulation in Healthcare, Certification Subcommittee
• International Association of Clinical Simulation and Learning, Webinar Committee, Nurse Planner
• Sigma Theta Tau, Gamma Iota Chapter