Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Ph.D. North Carolina State University, USA, 2010
- M.S. Tsinghua University, China, 2005.
- B.S. with Excellent Graduate Honor, Tsinghua University, China, 2003.
- Solid State Transformer and Solid State Circuit Protection
- Wireless Power Transfer
- Wide Bandgap Device Applications
- Power Electronics Reliability and Fault Protection
- Microgrid and Renewable Energy Integration
- L. Wang, T. Zhao, and J. He, “Investigation of Variable Switching Frequency in Finite Control Set Model Predictive Control on Grid-Connected Inverters,” in IEEE Open Journal of Industry Applications, vol. 2, pp. 178-193, 2021
- L. Wang, T. Zhao and J. He, “Centralized Thermal Stress Oriented Dispatch Strategy for Paralleled Grid-Connected Inverters Considering Mission Profiles,” in IEEE Open Journal of Power Electronics, vol. 2, pp. 368-382, 2021
- Y. Wang, L. Hou, K. C. Paul, Y. Ban, C. Chen and T. Zhao, “ArcNet: Series AC Arc Fault Detection Based on Raw Current and Convolutional Neural Network,” in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2021
- Y. Wang, T. Zhao, M. Rashidi, J. Schaar and A. Trujillo, “An Arcless Step Voltage Regulator Based on Series-Connected Converter for Branch Current Suppression,” in IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, 2020
- T. Zhao, G. Wang, S. Bhattacharya and A. Q. Huang, “Voltage and Power Balance Control for a Cascaded H-Bridge Converter-Based Solid-State Transformer,” in IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 1523-1532, April 2013
- X. She, A. Q. Huang, T. Zhao and G. Wang, “Coupling Effect Reduction of a Voltage-Balancing Controller in Single-Phase Cascaded Multilevel Converters,” in IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 3530-3543, Aug 2012
- J. Wang, T. Zhao, A. Q. Huang, R. Callanan, F. Husna and A. Agarwal, “Characterization, modeling and application of 10-kV SiC MOSFET,” in IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 55, no. 8, pp. 1798–1806, Aug. 2008.