The Youth Neuroscience Association of Charlotte (YNAC) is a community for high school students to learn and grow as they pursue their interests and passion for neuroscience. YNAC aims to introduce students to the excitement of scientific inquiry and enable them to explore the wonders of the brain. The chapter is open to high school students in the Charlotte metropolitan area and will meet monthly at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Interested students can apply for membership at https://forms.gle/G5pnwdNqKn9NayY57.
As a YNAC member, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about neuroscience and explore career pathways
- Participate in hands-on activities, including dissections, experiments, and more
- Participate in lab tours with researchers
- Engage in seminars, competitions, and journal club meetings
- Volunteer to teach younger students about the brain
- Make friends who are also interested in neuroscience
Our group meets monthly on Saturday 10:30 am – 12 noon
Upcoming Meeting Dates (Tentative): We are currently taking a break for the summer and anticipate starting to meet again in September or October. Please apply for membership using the Google form above to be alerted to our next meeting date.
YNAC is a chapter of the International Youth Neuroscience Association. Find out more about IYNA here: https://youthneuro.org/
Find us on Twitter @youthneuroclt and Instagram @youthneuroclt
Questions? Reach out to Veda Dayananda (Chapter President) at email@example.com or Dr. Kristen Funk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the photos from our recent meetings!