Electrical Engineering Technology
• Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University
• M.S. Alternative Energy Technology, Arizona State University
• B.S. Electronics Engineering, Konkuk University
• PV reliability
• Solar cell and module characterization
• Building integrated PV
• PV system performance
• A. Pavgi, J. Oh, and G. Tamizhmani, “Thermally Conductive Backsheets (TCB) of PV Modules: Positive impacts on performance, lifetime and LCOE,” Energies, vol. 14, no. 5, 2021.
• A. Sinha, H. Gopalakrishna, A. Subramaniyan, D. Jain, J. Oh, D. Jordan, and G. Tamizhmani, “Prediction of climate-specific degradation rate for photovoltaic encapsulant discoloration,” IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 10, no. 4, pp.1093-1101, 2020.
• J. Oh, B. Rammohan, A. Pavgi, S. Tatapudi, G. Tamizhmani, G. Kelly, and M. Bolen, “Reduction of PV module temperature using thermally conductive backsheets,” IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 1160-1167, 2018.
• J. Oh, B. Dauksher, S. Bowden, G. Tamizhmani, P. Hacke, and J. D’Amico, “Further studies on the effect of SiNx refractive index and emitter sheet resistance on potential-induced degradation,” IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 7, pp. 437-443, 2017.
• J. Oh, G. Tamizhmani, S. Bowden, and S. Garner, “Surface disruption method with flexible glass to prevent potential induced degradation of the shunting type in PV modules,” IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 7, pp. 62-67, 2017.
• J. Oh, S. Bowden, and G. Tamizhmani, “Potential induced degradation (PID): Incomplete recovery of shunt resistance and quantum efficiency losses,” IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 5, pp. 1540-1548, 2015